keymapping, consolefont and mc

Hi,

 I've got a problem regarding the localized keyboard mapping (german)
 and an appropriate console font.

 After I installed bash-2.0 and kbd-0.94 I couldn't access certain
 chars, so I needed to replace default.map by de-latin1.map or
 de-latin1-nodeadkeys.map. Then I used 'setfont iso01.f14' to load
 the font, which has the umlauts that I need.
 Unfortunately, this didn't work with 'mc'. All graphic chars were
 replaced by some other (unneeded) chars, so the output of mc is
 really messed up.

 Is there a possibility to get the correct localized keyboard mapping
 and the graphic chars for mc? It should be possible, because in DOS
 the famous (?) nc works without problems. Maybe I need to recompile
 a patched mc?

 One other question: Where should I place 'setfont' in the startup
 files? I didn't find a pointer or placeholder.

Thank you,

  Ulf

--

 #include <signature>