Re: ..segfault: libcompface

"Karl M. Hegbloom" <karlheg@inetarena.com> writes:

>  The bug is due to libcompface not being compiled with -D_BSD_SOURCE.
> It has something to do with the size of a structure.  I think that the
> newest libcompface on ftp.debian.org is fixed.  I was having that
> crash all the time, until I recompiled libcompface with that define.
> Since then, I've had no problems.

I have, though.  This is compface 89.11.11-9 (with changelog and rules
indicating this fix) and xemacs 19.14-1:

% xemacs -q -no-site-file -l crash.el -f crash

Fatal error (11).
Your files have been auto-saved.
Use `M-x recover-session' to recover them.

Where crash.el is a small file to display an XFace and (make-frame).

James LewisMoss closed this bug because it didn't occur with 19.15 and
I was happy to wait until it came out to upgrade.  Unfortunately it
appears that 19.15 won't be in Debian 1.3. :(

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

	    "Lies, damn lies, and computer documentation."