Re: localize problem after upgrading to libc6

On 24 May, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> When I reported the same problem, someone suggested changing LANG from
> 'us' to 'en'.  Since doing so, I have not had any problems with
> StarOffice.  Maybe there is a more standard nomenclature for german than
> 'de_DE' (just plain 'de' possibly?)

Remember: It worked before upgrading to libc6 (and therefore also
upgrading locale). de_DE means German as language and Germany as
country.

But I believe locale is broken. I tried the little test programm from
the locale mini-howto and it didn't work. No matter what language I
chose, the result (diplaying the current date) is always English.

>From the changelog (the official one):

        * locales/de_DE: Include real collation data.  It's similar to the
        en_DK information but the order of small and capital characters is
        exchanged.

Maybe I should submit a bugreport ? Is this a debian or a libc6 problem
? If it is a libc6 problem, how do I contact the developers ?

Ciao,
	Martin