Re: gpm and X or not?

On May 24, George Bonser wrote

> Everything I have read has always said to be sure to DISABLE gpm before
> using X.
>

> On Sat, 24 May 1997, Daniel S. Barclay wrote:
>

> > Can GPM and X co-exist or not?
This has been a bit of a mini-topic in the last few weeks. GPM and X can live together
with no problems, generally. There is one mouse configuration that could cause a
problem, and at the moment, I forget which one. However, if the mouse is moving when
you switch to the X terminal, or if you move it just as you switch, you can get the
observed error. This result, the error arising from the movement during the switch,
was discussed ad infinitum within the month. Other than that, have no fear of gpm and
X.
--
Gary