Re: amd problem

Go to Radio Shack and get a tube of silicone heatsink compound.  It is in
the section where they sell IC's and mounting hardware. Remove the fan
from the heatsink and smear a tiny bit on the heatskink where it contacts
the CPU. (This stuff is difficult to clean up so BE CAREFUL with it),
then put the fan back on the CPU.  THis aids heat transfer between chip
and fan and will help the CPU run much cooler (though the fan may FEEL
warmer as it is now transferring more heat away from the CPU).

On Thu, 22 May 1997 Diz@aol.com wrote:

> i have a amd 5x86-133 cpu "not a k5" when chip gets warmed up my floppy
> drives go belly up. i checked it out by putting a amd 486dx4 120 cpu in and
> the problem dis appered.i also have two fans, one on heat sink other blowing
> over heat sink.
>

> --

George Bonser
grep@oriole.sbay.org, grep@concentric.net