Terminal not powerful enough for SLang

Does anyone know how to fix the problem of trying to use a program (such
as lynx or slrn) that uses SLang from reporting the error:
	Terminal not powerful enough for SLang
and failing there?  I just did an update through dselect (using stable)
and got a new version of lynx which told me to get SLang (which I did) but
now when I start lynx I get the error message above.  I remember getting
this ages ago when trying to use slrn to read news.  I never solved it
then---just went to using pine instead!  Now I want my lynx back ;-)

Any takers...?

Richard Shepherd (richards@waikato.ac.nz)