Re: mgetty for PPP; Need help

Eugene Sevinian wrote:

> On Tue, 20 May 1997, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:
>
> > I think the difficulty is on the Win95 end at this
> > point. When you bring up the connection from the Win95 end can you
> > ping the IP of the Linux box (the IP for the dialup)?
> >

> Ping to linux machine's IP gives reasonable results. The same with
> w95 pseudo IP address. However ping doesn't see any other machines in LAN.
> The result is:
>
> Request timing out.
> Request timing out.
> Request timing out.
>
> It seems DNS is not guilty at all. I also run winipcfg which proved that
> w95 recognized this stuff corectly.

Ok, here's a question. Did you recompile your kernel or anything?
If you did recompile, did you enable IP forwarding? I ask because
it looks like the problem is that packets aren't getting past your
linux box. Since you can ping the linux side, the link is just
fine. If you have the same kernel which came with the dist. then
I *think* it has IP forwarding enabled (I'm not sure about this,
since I didn't compile that kernel myself). You may be able to
discover if it's enabled by looking at some /proc/?? file, but I'm
not too sure. Anyone else have a thought?

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com