automatically tracking just a few unstable packages

My system is mostly bo, but I've installed a couple of packages out of
hamm.  I have my dselect access method set to ftp and pointing at the
bo Packages files.  I'd like a way to know when the hamm packages I'm
tracking are updated.  Does the system have a way to do that?

If not I'll write a script for it.  I'm thinking to compare the installed
packages with the versions listed in the available file.  For each package
which has a newer version installed than is available the script will
check the unstable packages files and report any newer versions.  Is there
a more direct way to do what I want?

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick@argon.org