Re: DOSEMU drive access problem

On May 18,  6:54pm, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> Subject: Re: DOSEMU drive access problem
> On Sun, 18 May 1997, Ken Lauffenburger wrote:
>
> >    DOS-C version 0.92 [FreeDOS Release] (Build 37).
>
> Is freedos compatible with MS-DOS?
>
> Try using msdos boot disk first.

Aw, do I have to?  I was just getting ready to purge the last
of the M$ software from my system!

Actually, good suggestion.  I'll try it tonight.

But does this really have anything to do with the problem?
I was thinking that the emufs driver allows dosemu to access
the drives via the linux device drivers, and hiding the hardware
details while avoiding access conflicts with linux.  If that is
the case, then from a disk access point of view why should it
matter which version of DOS is riding on dosemu?

--ken