Re: motherboard

On 14 May 1997, Todd Harper wrote:

> http://www.uk.linux.org/LxCommercial.html
>
> About halp way down is the "Graphics and Visualization" section, and
> CorelDraw 3.5 is listed.  More info directly at:
>
> http://www.caldera.com/solutionsCD/Products/Corel/Info/draw35.htm

Thanks for the pointer, everyone.

I've looked at the caldera web pages for their Solutions CD. Looks like
a Good Thing.

Unfortunately, they want $US595 (approx $800 Australian) for CorelDraw.
It's not worth that much for something which my partner uses a couple of
times a month, and already has a Win version of.

I'd be quite happy to pay a reasonable amount - say $100 to $200 - but
$800 is obscene.

> Hark!  Is that the sound of a Win95 partition being deleted?  :->

Not yet.

I think we'll put up with Win95 on that machine for a bit longer - the
Win version cost her much less (we got an old version cheap second hand)
but at least it's already paid for.

...also, after being exposed to quality free software like Linux for the
last couple of years, my partner is no longer willing to pay extravagant
sums of money for commercial software (which is often prettier than the
free stuff but usually not as stable).

Somehow I think that it would be nearly impossible to find Linux
versions of commercial s/w on the 2nd hand market.

Craig

--
craig sanders
networking consultant                  Available for casual or contract