Re: Will ATI 3D Rage chips work with XFree86?

R. Chris Ross wrote:

>      I wondered if the D3 Rage chip set boards would work with
> XFree86.  They are supposed to be quite hot and someone offered to
> trade me a Wincharge for one even up.

I have an ATI Graphics Pro Turbo Mach64 (4MB VRAM) in my Pentium 133.

The wife needs a PC so she's getting mine I'm getting a P200MMX
with the newer ATI 3D Graphics Pro Turbo (4MB SDRAM, I think), with all
that PC2TV stuff. This has the 3D Rage chip set.

I've been assuming that the 3D Rage wasn't supported yet and was going
to keep the old card in the new machine.

I don't even know which board is faster. Anybody?

Maybe I should grab the new 3D GPT once the chipset is supported in
XFree?

--
...RickM...