Re: Run 2 startx with different .xsessions?

Rick Macdonald wrote,
:I run 2 x servers, one at 8 bit and one at 24 (32).
:
:I can't find any way to have them read different ~/.xsession files,
:other than perhaps wrapping the startx's in scripts that overwrite
:.xsession before calling startx.
:
:Any other ideas?

Just a sideliner, shouldn't startx be calling .xinitrc instead??

I have a suggestion that may be a little stupid...

Instead of wrapping startx with some overwriting command,
set it to export some variable (say $BPP) to the color-depth
of the session.  Then in .xinitrc, do the following.

  exec ~/.xinitrc.$BPP

Then, just store the initrc file for the respective color
depth in the respective .xinitrc files.

	Just me,
	Wire ...
--