Re: Xwindows packages which one???

Paul McDermott <paul@braille.uwo.ca> writes:

> I don't use dselect, it is a waste of time.

Not that it's a big deal, but I used to avoid dselect like the plague.
One day, I sat down and forced myself to carefully understand what
it's doing and *never* press a key without knowing what it means.
After that I found that I actually like dselect.  It's a little rough
around the edges but now it almost always does what I want with little
intervention.

I think the biggest problem is that the interface is pretty
non-intuitive at first, but it's quite powerful once you get used to
it.  In any case, this issue's already been beaten to death, and it's
probably listed a million times in the bug archive, or Ian's dselect
wish list; I just wanted try to make up for some of the dselect
grumbling I've done in the past...

--
Rob