Re: Incomming mails..

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Carlos Marcos Kakihara - bacate wrote:

> 	Hi, my host is saving incomming mails in /usr/mail/username instead
> /var/spool/mail/username. Should I change it? Is it ok for pine? If it
> doesn't, where can I change this directory (or pine configuration)?

Pine's got no problems with inboxes anywhere in the file system, you can
even have your inbox on a remote pop-server. Just change the inbox-path
under "Setup", "Configure" (from "Main Menu"). If you turn on
"enable-incoming-folders" in "Setup", "Config" you can even have multiple
incoming mail folders. To add a folder press "Add" in the "Incoming
Message Folders" section of "FOLDER LIST" or simply edit the ~/.pinerc
by hand (much faster if you should add a lot of folders).

If your system is set up and working with /usr/mail/uid as mail folders
and you want to keep it that way, but want to support the
/var/spool/mail/uid location as well the easiest way to accomplish that
would be to make a soft link:

cd /var/spool
ln -s /usr/mail

Hope this is helps