Re: BusLogic FlashPoint LT SCSI BT

There shouldn't be any difference in compiling the kernel from one
distribution to another.  The different distributions just package linux
in different ways and maybe change some boot scripts to make things run
out of the box.  The source it's self is all the same.  Unless your
talking about going from an alpha machine to an x86 machine.

It should compile fine following the instructions for any x86 linux
distribution.  You may have to change a path but for the most part all
distributions use the standard file system tree.

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Dave May wrote:

> Being a fan of Debian Linux for some time, I wanted to install Debian on
> my own computer in my office (to replace Windows 95 especially).
> Unfortunately, I have a BusLogic FlashPoint LT PCI SCSI adapter, and it's
> not supported currently.
>
> I found the latest version of the driver which supports my adapter,
> "BusLogic-2.0.9.tar.gz", but its documentation seems to be for other
> flavors of Linux. It generates the following files:
>
> BusLogic.h          FlashPoint.c        README.BusLogic     RELEASE_NOTES
> BusLogic.c          BusLogic.patch      LICENSE.FlashPoint
> README.FlashPoint
>
> How can I apply the patch and compile a new kernel to support this driver?
> Can I get this onto my boot disk?
>
> Dave May
>

> --

--Rick