Re: Linux Standard File System

On May 13, Brent Hutto wrote
> I've seen references a couple of times to something like a "Linux Standard
> File System" (of course, now I can't quite locate the document(s) where I
> saw it). Is that a document that exists somewhere like HOWTO or similar? A
> pointer would be appreciated.

You're looking for the FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard), formerly known
as FSSTND (Linux Filesystem Standard); Dan Quinlan maintains its homepage
at 	http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

HTH,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go