Debian setup?

Hello there everyone. I have a couple of questions here tonight. I have
been running Slackware for quite some time now, and am thinking of
switching over (I amready have Debian 1.2 installed on a spare partition
to try it out). One of the questions are -- How much work is involved to
upgrade to oh, say 1.3 (when it comes out?) from 1.2? How much of my
already configured stuff will I have to re-configure or re-install?

If any of you have switched from Slackware to Debian, and would like to
share any pointers that may help me along with the switch-over, I would
gladly accept them.

When is shadow going to be included with the distribution (if it isn't
already). I haven't seen it recently on one of the mirrors.

Thank you

	JoKeR