Re: X on a Thinkpad / tgui9320lcd

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Debian Mailing Lists wrote:

> (--) SVGA: chipset:  tgui9320lcd
> (--) SVGA: videoram: 1024k
> (**) SVGA: 16bpp not supported for this chipset
>
> I used the settings for TGUI9320DGi because it was the closest setting I
> could find in the xf86config program. X with 256 Colors works fine, so I
> don't think I have to find a recognised clock chip, do I?

You might try finding some of the Linux on the Thinkpad pages around.
I've got several bookmarked, but if you find one and follow the links,
you've essentially found most of them:

http://www.mindspring.com/~finkels/thinkpad.html
http://www.wwsi.com/linux-tp.html
http://www.peipa.essex.ac.uk/tp-linux/tp-linux.html

This should get you started.  Many different XF86Config files are offered
as examples, and some seem to be working in 16bit color, to my surprise!
;-)  I have yet to achieve that on my 701CS, personally.

                       __   _
David S. Jackson      / /  (_)__  __ ____  __

            * * * CHOICE OF A GNU GENERATION * * *