Re: Log-in prompt question

> > Can someone tell me how to put a word before the Log-in prompt?
> > E.g. Mypcname:# or Mypcname:$.  I know there a lot of fancy
> > things I can do.  Is there a HOWTO I can look?
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Jimmy
>
> That goes in the /etc/issue file.  You can find the commands in the getty
> man page.

I think the original question was worded a bit wrong????  From the
question, he may have been actually looking for command prompt settings -
not login prompt.

Anyway, if so then, to set your command prompt to read "systemname#", put
the following into your .bash_profile:

Hope this helps,

Kevin Traas
Systems Analyst