PPP & Kernel Problems

Hello,

	I'm sort of new at this, so if this has already been discussed before
i'm sorry. I've recently installed Debian (i've used RedHat before...)
and i've
been trying to set up a PPP connection to my ISP. I recompilied my
kernel (2.0.27),
making sure it included support for PPP. But, when I try to run pon or a
custom script, it still says "Sorry, this system has no PPP kernel
support" (or something like that). I've also made sure I have the new
version of pppd (2.2.0f-19, according to dpkg -l). Any help would be
much appreciated.

Thank you.

	Thomas O'Rear
	tomed@sprynet.com