Re: problem: getting nfs up and running

Trying to get nfs running, but something just isn't right...

> What does your /etc/exports look like ?

# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
#               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
/home *.ewu (rw)

> Do you have the portmapper running ?

This is the result from running 'rpcinfo -p':

    program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100009    1   udp    760  yppasswdd
    100004    2   udp    761  ypserv
    100004    1   udp    761  ypserv
    100004    2   tcp    764  ypserv
    100007    2   udp    763  ypbind
    100007    2   tcp    765  ypbind
    100005    1   udp    946  mountd
    100005    1   tcp    948  mountd
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs

> Did you try to run rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd by hand ?

I did. There was no output to the screen, just a little crunching on the
drive.

Well, I hope this helps...