E-Mail Setup Question - new server

I'm going to be making some changes to my Internet configuration and I need
some help/pointers on making the changes to the e-mail configuration.

I've currently got an old server running SCO Unix - name is "vnet".  Right
now, it is configured for UUCP transfer of e-mail from the Internet.

I've got a new server running Debian GNU/Linux - name is "hicks".

- All e-mail on the old system comes to/from the DN and the server the user
resides on is "hidden".
- The old SCO box is being dropped in favour of the Linux box. (YeeHaw!!!
<grin>)
- The user accounts on vnet don't yet exist on hicks.
- I'd like to do a one-time "flip-of-the-switch" where all mail from the
Internet get sent to mailboxes on hicks rather than vnet.

Can you help me out by answering the following and/or expounding on what
I'm in for?  TIA

1.  The accounts on vnet will have to exist on hicks before hicks will
accept e-mail for those users, right?
2.  What problems might I have with incoming mail?  i.e. If a message was
addressed to ktraas@vnet.DN, then it's going to bounce because vnet no
longer exists.  What about mail addressed to ktraas@DN?

Thanks for your help,

Kevin Traas