Re: Daylight savings time?

hnine@nine.agn.net (Harmon Sequoya Nine) writes:

> I was wondering if there is a way to get my clock to automatically adjust
> for daylight savings time in the spring and fall.  Is there an environment
> variable or something?  I've tried "TZ=EST5EDT" as on some other UNIX systems,
> but it doesn't seem to work in LINUX.

Hmm, I used tzconfig to set my timezone to US/Central, and it worked
fine when daylight savings rolled around.

(Unfortunately, rebooting to Win95 will screw it up.  Win95 will
notice the time change and reset the *hardware* clock for you without
asking -- thought it does at least tell you about it.)

Moral -- don't reboot to Win95.
--
Rob