Re: depmod error reading ELF header

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Dima wrote:
> >The problem was avoided by removing the *_MODULES files.
>
> Didn't work here.  What version of kernel/ld.so/(what else?) are you
> using?
>
> Dimitri

When I compiled my first kernel, it was out of necessity for another
machine, so I couldn't use the "install" parts of make. The installation
had left these *_MODULES files on the first machine, and I fretted over
how to get them into the right places on my target machine.

Nowadays when I'm compiling kernels (on the target machines themselves), I
notice that I never end up with any of these files in my /lib/modules.

I can't find anything about them in all the documentation I've read. Does
anybody know what they are, or where they are documented?
--
David Wright, Open University, Earth Science Department, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA
U.K.  email: d.wright@open.ac.uk  tel: +44 1908 653 739  fax: +44 1908 655 151