Re: problems with update announcements

> > Hi,
> >
> > The announcements are made when the packages are uploaded to the
> > Incoming directory. They stay there until they are processed.
> > This can take from some hours to days. If you wait a few days
> > you will find them at ftp.debian.org after they had been mirrored
> > from master.debian.org.
> >

> Would it not be better to have these announcements made when the files
> are transfered to ftp.debian.org at least for the bulk announcements as at
> present it can be very hit and miss trying to use them.
>
> Joe.

Perhaps an additional file containing the announcement should be
uploaded together with the package. Then when the package is
processed the system would generate a message with the announcement
file. But even then we would have to wait for the mirroring process
to take place between master.debian.org and ftp.debian.org.

Ramos.

--
J.R.Goncalves@reading.ac.uk  * ramos@fisica.ufc.br      * ramos@debian.org
Department of Physics        * Departamento de Fisica   * Debian GNU/Linux 1.3