Re: uucp still a.out?

Dr A.R. [Tom] Peters wrote:

> I noticed that my uucico etc. from the uucp package (1.06.1-2) is still
a.out and using libc.so.4 . I seem to be up-to date. Is this normal? Is an
ELF pre-compiled package coming, since the latest version of ld will not
support a.out any more?

It's done already.

The latest version of the uucp package (in unstable) is:

     uucp_1.06.1-5.deb

and its file /usr/doc/uucp/changelog.Debian.gz has this update message
from a couple of updates ago:

     uucp (1.06.1-3) unstable; urgency=low

     * Upgraded to ELF and new source packaging schema

--
...RickM...

	Dr A.R. (Tom) Peters	tel.   0204080204
	Wittgensteinlaan 149	email  tpeters@xs4all.nl