Re: LILO (DOH!!) J.B. does it again.

On Fri, Apr 25, 1997 at 02:14:27PM -0400, Rick Jones wrote:
> Errr...I don't trust LBA.  I ran LBA for several months and began to see a
> little corruption in my file system which began to propigate.  Even though
> e2fsck came up clean programs began reporting missing files but an ls -al
> would show the file in the right place.  I don't know if it was LBA that
> caused it but since I re-installed in normal mode I haven't seen this
> problem again.

Well, on my machine here I have a 1.6gb and a 3.2gb drive. I need
LBA to get things working with DOS/95, and I've never had any
trouble with it. I get a couple of zero dtimes on fscks occasionally
(on the forced check) but nothing serious.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust                    moffatt@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.