HDA1 - HDA2 mounting as root

I figured it out.  Another brain cramp on my part.  I forgott to change
the fstab entry for /.  The right partition was mounted but at boot time
e2fsck wouldn't check it and reported it as hda1.  df reported it as hda1
as
well.

Funny that it didn't give me some specific error concerning this, or that
it didn't crash all together trying to mount both partitions as root.  Who
do you suppose I would report this to as a possible bug?

And I thank all for the partition size advice.  I ended up taking the lazy
way out and making a small partition (hdb3) and mounted it as /kernel.  So
lilo uses hda as boot, hda2 as root, and image /kernel/vmlinuz, along with
chain and map under /kernel/boot which I copied from /boot.  It works like
a charm and I don't have to worry about missallocating drive space in a
multi-partition setup.  Allthough I am concidering putting /home and maybe
/etc on a seperate partition so if I have to do a re-install my settings
will remain seperate since I don't have a backup system at this time.

Anyway, thanks again.

--Rick

rickya@siservices.net