new kernel to use with loadlin

I am trying to compile new kernel (2.0.27) to use with loadlin from w95.
It seems that some things are working but some are not.

Here is some of the  bootup messages captured manualy. (I did not find it
in the /var/log/messages. Why?)
-------------------
sambfs: Initialization of vfat failed
3c503 dev_tint: wrong version or undefined
dev_ffree_skb: wrong version or undefined
dev_alloc_skb: wrong version or undefined
eth_type_trans: wrong version or undefined
netif_rx: wrong version or undefined
ether_setup: wrong version or undefined
don't match your linux-2.0.27
8390: No such file or directory.
---------------------

There is an instruction in /usr/src/linux/README
"   To use the new kernel, copy the new image over the old one (save a
   backup of the original!).  Then, you MUST RERUN LILO to update the
   image. ".

I think that something simularly should be done in my case too.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eugene Sevinian

Cosmic Ray Division
Yerevan Phisics Institute
Alikhanian's Brothers str.2
375036 Yerevan 36
Armenia

Phone: 374-2-352041 (YerPhI), 374-2-344873 (aprt.)
Fax: 374-2-350030