Re: pon/poff not as root, like this?

On 23 Apr 1997, James LewisMoss wrote:

>  Nicola>      I'll be away since tomorrow Thursday 24th and won't be
>  Nicola>      able to read
>  Nicola> incoming messages until Monday 28th, so please don't think
>  Nicola> I'm not polite if I don't answer immediately.
>  Nicola>      Anyway, thank you in advance.

     I'm here... damn... :-( food intoxication the doctors say... nice
pink spots this morning when I woke up, though nearly none in my face.

> chown root.pppuser /usr/sbin/pppd
> chmod 4750 /usr/sbin/pppd

YES, I had included and then cut away these lines:

# ls -l /usr/sbin/ppp*
-rwsr-x---   1 root     pppusers    75944 Dec  7 23:54 /usr/sbin/pppd*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         7796 Dec  7 23:54 /usr/sbin/pppstats*

     Ok, THANK YOU a lot Jim for "parsing" my actions, so I can say I have
it now.
     Nicola