Re: debian-user-digest Digest V97 #145

I have been using magicfilter for a while, and have had several good
experiences with it.  I remembered last night why I had not used apsfilter.
I tried to install apsfilter last night, because there is no magicfilter on
bo.  I got a new printer, and am trying to get it working right, while
preserving the setup for other printers.

The apsfilter setup program put my system in a hammerlock, two or three
times in a row, gobbling up all available swap space.  I suspect either bash
2 or (more likely) the fact I am using the Aladdin ghostscript from
non-free (happily, except it doesn't have drivers for the HP870).  The
apsfilter install script does interact, I think, with ghostscript.  It froze
up at the point where it was going to display a tabular of deskjet printer
drivers.

Why isn't there a magicfilter for bo?  It works.

Jaldhar wrote:

>                 Then out of frustration I deinstalled apsfilter and tried
> magicfilter and suddenly everything worked.  Apparently there is some kind
> of bug in apsfilter or Debians version of it.  I would have filed a bug
> report except I don't have the slightest clue what went  wrong.
>
> -- Jaldhar

Neither do I

Alan Davis

--
 Alan Eugene Davis      Marianas High School      15o 8.8'N       GMT+10
 adavis@saipan.com      AAA 196 Box 10,001        145o 42.5'E

"in any community where conspicuous consumption is an element of the
 scheme of life, an increase in an individual's ability to pay is
 likely to take the form of an expenditure for some accredited line of
 conspicuous consumption"

     ------Thorsten Veblen, _The Theory of the Leisure Class_