Problem w/ dselect

We have had Debian running for several weeks now and been using dselect
without incident.  On monday, dselect started having trouble in ACCESS.

What we see is:
==================== clip ===================
Using FTP to check directories...(stop with ^C)

Connecting to ftp.debian.org...
Net::FTP: Unexpected EOF on command channel at
/usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/setup line
 137
FTP ERROR

query/setup script returned error exit status 1.
Press RETURN to continue.

Same problem occurs for other Debian FTP archives, which leads me to
believe something is hosed on our site.  I can ftp to ftp.debian.org and
look at the /debian dir just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Dirk Herr-Hoyman <hoymand@danenet.wicip.org>
DANEnet, Connecting Dane County's Communities