Re: Ping o' Death is killing pppd on my router.....

Jason Costomiris <jcostom@sjis.com> writes:

> Sure, I could do that, but suppose pppd changes the order in which it
> passes parameters with the next pppd upgrade...  I'll still be running, if
> I used $4, and didn't know about the change, I'd be dead.

If pppd changes the order of its parameters with an upgrade, its
developers should be forced to use AOL for their Internet access for a
year, maybe two.

I'd say it's more likely that ifconfig would change its output.

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

		 "Double, double, toil and trouble, /
		   Fire burn and cauldron bubble."