Re: What is the proper way

Hi,

If you already have compiled the Kernel yourself, just do
make *config; make modules; make modules_install

and perhaps depmod -a;
After that the modules can be inserted automatically by kerneld. No need
to recompile or reboot.

If you still run the kernel from the distribution floppy,
I **Highly** recommand that you recompile it anyway.
For me that spares 400 KB of memory, avoids hangs and warnings at boot time.
(there is still a lot of non-modules drivers in).

Alexandre