Re: FINALLY! Relay control for smail

I have investigated exim ... I am part of a 50+ site uucp network with 6
uucp neighbors of my own.  If each site changes connectivity only once per
year, that is one change per week.  smail's usage of pathalias uucp
routing is great.  Exim is fine if you have only smtp or maybe one uucp
site.

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Tony Finch wrote:

> George Bonser <grep@oriole.sbay.org> wrote:
> >
> >According to a posting in comp.mail.smail by Bruse Becker, relay control
> >has been added to smail as of version 3.2.0.93
> >
> >This is a MOST WELCOME feature and a security asset to any site on the
> >net running smail.  Do we have this verison as a package yet?
>
> You might want to investigate Exim, which has more security facilities
> than you can shake a stick at, and is just as easy to configure as
> smail.
>
> Tony.
>

> --

George Bonser