Re: less in an xterm

beland@CERCA.UMontreal.CA writes:

> > When I run less in an xterm, it seems to save the image of whatever is
> > in the window, display whatever it's displaying, and then restore the
> > image.

[snip]

> You just have to use "less -X".  Or better, put -X in the environment
> variable called LESS, so that less never restores the display.

If you don't want any programs doing this in an xterm, you can also
remove the codes from the terminfo file for xterm, or put

    XTerm*titeInhibit: true

in your /etc/X11/Xresources (or ~/.Xresources maybe).

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

		 "Double, double, toil and trouble, /
		   Fire burn and cauldron bubble."