Re: update-menus

> On Apr 12, Paul Wade wrote
>
> > I notice that many of the packages tell you that you can run a config
> > program (gpmconfig, apacheconfig, smailconfig) at a later time to change
> > things. Shouldn't these be added to menus as part of the install? That way
> > root could run pdmenu and easily get to a submenu of config tools. Where
> > user config is allowed, it would be placed on their menus, too.
>
> Good point.  This would bring us one step closer to a debian configuration
> tool.  Would you like to discuss this topic with the particular maintainer
> to get them 'registrated' - and to let them look similar.

I guess we should. However, the way I've been doing that so far is simply
installing most of what happens to be on my system in /usr/lib/menu/default,
to show a (by me) "accepted" look. After some time, people start to
expect menuentries for stuff, and people automatically start fileing
bugreports against packages that don't supply menuentries.

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org