Re: Deb file viewing [was: Dependency ordering]

On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

> > On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Paul Wade wrote:
> >
> > > I would love to be able to hit the F3 (view) key in mc
> > > on a .deb file and get a nice summary of control info and status.
> >

> I don't know what setup you have, but my installation of mc does just
> this. I have mc_3.2.1-1 here.

I have 3.5.17 installed by dpkg. I know mc can be configured to do a lot.
So can many other tools. A standardized library with a perl module
included would make the glue adhere better.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +
+ http://www.wtop.com/                        What does W.T.O.P. mean? +