Re: "dselect" replacement project ("deity")y
On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Rick wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> I think it was one of the Debian gurus that just sent an email stating that
> it was only the ftp install that had this bug. He'll most likely send you an
> email on this but in case he doesn't get to it for a while I'll say that he
> did say it worked fine in the CD install.
Okay lets be clear here I know for certain:
1) FTP does NOT dependacny correctly
2) The disk install has code designed to correct this
3) Some poster in some far off land said it worked right
4) I buy it, cause it looks sound.
5) If -ANYONE- has had a dependancy problem installing from 1.2 or 1.3
off a cdrom then please tell me an I will try to have an alternet
6) I filed a bug against dpkg-ftp to include the code in 2).
My copy of 1.2 on both my machines has this fix for cdrom installations,
so I think it should be in most 1.2 copies?
So there we have it.
I hope this steams off any strange rumors!