Re: ISAPNP help

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Rick wrote:

> I sent this msg lastnight but it doesn't appear in my sent mail dir and I
> haven't gotten any response.
>
> I just got a 33.6 PnP modem that doesn't seem to want to work no matter what
> I do.
>
> isapnp seems to configure it.  setserial seems to configure it. statserial
> seems to find it and list signal status.
>
> But if I try any program that uses the modem, like minicom or pppd they seem
> to recognise a modem but don't communicate with it.  If I echo at commands to
> the /dev/ttyS1 it seems to hang for a min but the modem doesn't respond.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Have a good one.

I put a zoom comstar svd 33.6 in a machine last week. I used pnpdump to
make a file, edited it, etc. with no problem.

Did you add the code to boot so pnp setup is done before modules are
loaded?

Are you sure the i/o address and IRQ are not conflicting?

How about doing a pnpdump > pnpinfo and emailing it to me? I will get back
to you between innings (Red Sox are on).

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +
+ http://www.wtop.com/                        What does W.T.O.P. mean? +