Re: perplexing procmail problem

Douglas L Stewart <douglas@pobox.com> writes:

> Anyone have any idea why mail to debian-user is bypassing my procmail
> filter?  I'm using the following .poprc and .procmailrc.

[snip]
> :0
> * ^TO.debian-user@lists.debian.org
       ^

Well, usually I don't see that dot between ^TO and the string you want
to match.  "^TO.*debian-user" might match anything, but you don't need
to put any metacharacters around your string when you use one of the
special procmail expressions like "^TO".  Not absolutely sure that's it,
but that's the thing I don't understand in this setup.  Maybe, then...

(Hm, catchy subject line, I think I'm starting to hum it to the
tune of "Hooray for Captain Spaulding" :-)

--
Ed Donovan					ed@capecod.net