Re: fixing dates?

>How do i permently fix a date on a debian system?  Its set to GMT, should
>i turn this off?  Using date -s it works until the next reboot, then it
>reverts to the wrong date again...?

What I do is sync the clock from one of our servers using netdate and then
use clock to set the BIOS clock so that it doesn't get reset on boot up.

eg.
netdate time.domain.net | clock -w

seems to do the trick with us.

It's also a good idea to remove the -u in the /etc/init.d/boot (search for
GMT)
unless your clock is actually set to GMT.

adam.

----------------- Earthlight Communications Limited ----------------
P.O. Box 5301	                Adam Shand 	       (fax) +64 3 477 5463
Dunedin, New Zealand       Systems Manager    (voice) +64 3 479 0303
---------------- http://www.earthlight.co.nz/larry/ ----------------