Re: Question about dselect..

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, smorrill wrote:

> I have a base debian system installed on my 586 133 mhz.  I got the
> "Cheap Bytes" cd and am trying to install packages, specifically the
> Xwindows packages.  These are located in a directory called "rex-fixe"
> on the cd.  I must be missing something here, but I cannot get dselect
> to recognize that directory.

 The directory you should use is "stable", which is a link to "rex-fixed".
There's no "rex-fixe". You're probably looking the CD from DOS. Linux uses
an extension called `Rock Ridge' to use long filename, that neither DOS
nor Win95 understands.

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-  | Try visiting #debian in Undernet (us.undernet.org)
nick@feedback.com.ar  | The channel of the debian developers =)