Re: Dpkg gone haywire?

 > Setting up gimp-smotif (0.54.1-5) ...
 > install-info: failed to lock dir for editing! No such file or directory
 > dpkg: error processing gimp-smotif (--configure):
 >  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 > dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ax25-util:

 > I am at wits end on this. I have tried everything I know to do includeing
 > trying to reinstall dpkg but to no awail... my last and final thougt is
 > that this is being caused by the /usr/info/ directory being locked for
 > some reason and there for unaccessable by dpkg/install-info.

I fought through this after accidentally deleting info.  Try editing
/var/lib/dpkg/status.  Change the status of gimp-smotif to "remove ok
not-installed", and delete any lines about installed size.  Then go back
to dselect, and reinstall gimp-smotif.  And if this doesn't work, tell
me what it does do; i've fought through this before :)

rick