Fixed ==> Documentation - I see squares
- To: Paul Serice <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Debian-User Mailing List <email@example.com>
- Subject: Fixed ==> Documentation - I see squares
- From: John Foster <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 19:54:31 +1000 (EST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.95q.970303195144.8125A-100000@mars>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970303001152.4008A-100000@LoadedBones>
To refresh, there were strange little squares and odd bits of hex
scattered through the manpages. This reply fixed it:
> > I don't think that's the problem, less is my PAGER, and I know about zcat.
> > Most of the text is quite readable. The little squares are often where I'd
> > expect an apostrophe to be, and some of the funny codes are <B7> for
> > example. It looks like a bit of hex.
> Try adding export LESSCHARSET='latin1' to your profile.
> Paul Serice
Thanx to all who replied!