Re: wu-ftpd

I did the same thing you're doing and had problems too.  Then I
discovered "addftpuser".  Either delete or rename your ftp tree
(/home/ftp?) and run addftpuser as root.  All the required files, links,
and libraries will be automatically setup for you.  Then you can
populate the new tree with files that you want to be made available to
ftp users.

--Bob