/etc/hosts?

Hello,

1.)yesterday i needet to change my /etc/hosts file cause it wasn't
possible to use 'talk':
127.0.0.1	localhost
0.0.0.0		localhost

Since my machine has the name 'thunderstorm' i changed /etc/hosts to
this:
127.0.0.1	localhost
0.0.0.0		localhost
127.0.0.1	thunderstorm
0.0.0.0		thunderstorm

Are there any problems to expect, for example when using pppd?

2.) And there is a second question. I have a 'ppp-on' file in /bin
(it's my ppp-chatscript). Owner is root, group is ppp. Permissions are
-rwxr-x---. When trying to start it as root i get the following:

bash: /bin/ppp-on: No such file or directory.

(Note: I am still in the root-home directory and startet the
chatscript simply py typeing 'ppp-on'.)

As attachment i ll place my ppp-chatscript.

Thank you very much for your help....bjoern

#!/bin/sh
# ppp-on

LOCKDIR=/var/lock    # should be the same as for minicom, seyon
DEVICE=ttyS1         # should be the same as for minicom, seyon
INTERFACE=ppp0
LIMIT=15             # number of dial in attempts

USER=Starke          # your username
PASSWORD=cancel :-)  # your password
PHONE=1231231        # the number of your provider
INITSTR="&F1"

# make sure the device is not in use
if [ -f $LOCKDIR/LCK..$DEVICE ]
then
    echo "PPP device is locked"
    exit 1
fi

# ensure that the modem runs full speed
stty ispeed 38400 < /dev/$DEVICE

# try some times to get a connect
i=0
while [ 1 ]; do
  # dial
  echo "dialing $PHONE"
  (
  if chat  "" AT$INITSTR OK  ATDP$PHONE ogin: $USER word: $PASSWORD
  then
   pppd crtscts defaultroute debug &
  fi
  ) < /dev/$DEVICE > /dev/$DEVICE
  sleep 5
  # did we get a connect?
  if [ -r /var/run/$INTERFACE.pid ]; then
    echo -n "connected"
    # pppd needs some time to initialize the connection;
    # therefore, we wait for a few seconds and try if ppp is up;
    # if not, we repeat this some times
    j=0
    while [ $j -lt 4 ]; do
      # test if ppp0 is alive
      x=$(/sbin/ifconfig | grep $INTERFACE | wc -l)
      if [ $x -ne 0 ]; then
        # feedback for the user
  	echo ", ppp is up!"
        /sbin/ifconfig
        #echo "sending/receiving mail"
        #/usr/scripts/mail.scr
  	break 2   # exit from both loops
      fi
      sleep 5
      j=$[j+1]
    done
    echo -n ", but no ppp"
  else
    echo -n "no connect (busy?)"
  fi
  # don't try forever
  i=$[i+1]
  if [ $i -ge $LIMIT ]; then
    echo "; still no PPP after $LIMIT tries, I give up :-("
    /usr/scripts/ppp-off  # just to make sure
    exit 1
  fi
  echo ", I'll try again soon ..."
  /usr/scripts/ppp-off  # just to make sure
  sleep 30
done