3 Questions...

Hello,

1.) i can`t find a file called 'man.config' on my debian 1.2.6. So
what should i do? (i need it for configuration stuff)

2.) Normal users (members of the group 'ppp') should be able to start
a dialup internet connection via pppd. What groups must they be in?
I have added them to the following groups: 'ppp', 'dialup', 'dip'. Is
there any group missing, or is there one to much? (can one of the
groups cause security problems?)

3.) My users aren't able to start internet services like ftp, www or
telnet. The programm starts, but services can't be used. (root of
course _can_  use them).

This is what happens when starting ftp as normal user (ppp group
member):
ftp
ftp>open
(to)ftp.uni-paderborn.de
Host name lookup failture

As root, this is no problem, so what must be changed?

Kind regards....bjoern

--
It's not a bug, it's a feature.           http://home.pages.de/~BjS