Re: can't umount /usr(/dev/hdb3)

> >The other asnwers in this list are all very usefull, but sometimes
> >I find that whatever I do, I cannot unmount for example /usr.
> >In such cases, it's best to do
> >
> >  mount -o remount,ro /usr
> >
> >i.e. remount it read-only, so that all data is written do the partition,
> >and you can now safely switch off the computer (execute "halt").
> >(assuming all other partions are unmonuted properly).
>
> Or better still, find what process is using /dev/hdb3 by doing this:
>
> fuser -uvm <mounted system>

That is basically what the others suggested. But still, sumetimes
I'm unable to kill -KILL those processes, or whatever. But thenagain,
your -uvm options are quite nice, and seem to find more process than
I'm used to. Thanks

--
joost witteveen     joostje@debian.org

I came, I saw, ..., well, it wasn't free so I left again. (LUA, 1988)