Re: RPM

On Sun, 30 Mar 1997, Jim Pick wrote:

> Initially, I think it would probably concentrate on ports of the
> standard GNU tools and other Unix-based stuff.  This would really
> serve the needs of people who have to do web stuff on Windows NT,
> and want to use some "real" tools.  People could also develop to
> the Win32 API using gcc and mingw32, or to the Unix-style API
> provided by cygwin32.  One caveat - the cygwin32 .dll is distributed
> under the GPL, but not the LGPL, so it's useless for building
> proprietary apps, unless you get a license from Cygnus.

 I didn't think about porting the whole environment. That wasy it would
make a lot of sense to have dpkg... Wow... that would be very good for the
people who uses linux but are forced to use Win95 at their job... =)

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-  | Try visiting #debian in Undernet (us.undernet.org)
nick@feedback.com.ar  | The channel of the debian developers =)